Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ravens coach John Harbaugh said that it's up to Ed Reed, who is eligible to come off the PUP next week, to decide when he returns. ... Speaking of injuries, Haloti Ngata missed Wednesday's practice and there's no news on the Jared Gaither front. ... Former Ravens Frank Walker and Antwan Barnes have found new homes. ... Former Maryland star Shawne Merriman was released by the Chargers. ... Nicklas Backstrom scored the game-winning goal as the Capitals beat the Islanders, 2-1. ... Gilbert Arenas was fined for being Gilbert Arenas.
Hitting the links:
1. Kevin Cowherd: Joe Cool's calm demeanor is perfect for a stretch of big games [Baltimore Sun]
2. The Steelers are ranked ahead of the Ravens in Don Banks' power rankings [SI]
3. The Patriots find added motivation in the Ravens' Foxborough celebration in January [NESN]
4. Sunday's Ravens-Patriots game will be revealing for the Patriots [ESPN]
5. John Harbaugh pays off his bet with Haloti Ngata and Ed Dickson [Ravens Insider]
6. The effect of the Patriots without Randy Moss could be fewer downfield shots [Baltimore Sun]
7. The Ravens won't change their approach against Tom Brady [Ravens.com]
8. Jake Arrieta thinks the Orioles are a "close-knit family" [Orioles Insider]
9. Five questions about Maryland basketball [Tracking the Terps]
You said it:
"I can make a case the Ravens are better than any other NFL team but Indy. What have they done to prove they are a better team than the one that the Colts crushed last year in the playoffs? Indy has lost two but they were two tough road games with division rivals in the first third of the season." -- WeBoDavid thinks the Colts should be ranked higher than the Ravens in my power rankings
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
Who's to blame when college athletes accept improper benefits from agents and boosters?
Video of the morning:
JWoww of "Jersey Shore" fame made her pro wrestling debut Monday night
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org, twitter.com/mattvensel and facebook.com/VirtualVensanity.