Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ravens running back Ray Rice said that he's healthy enough to play Sunday against the Steelers. ... Cut by the Ravens on Wednesday, Trevor Pryce signed with Rex Ryan's Jets. And former Ravens linebacker Bart Scott said that the Ravens are jealous of Pryce. ... The Orioles and Tigers got rained out on Thursday, and will play a doubleheader at Camden Yards on Friday. ... Terps basketball coach Gary Williams was inducted into the Sports Legends Museum at Camden Yards' newly-created "Hall of Legends."
1. The Ravens are wary of Steelers linebackers James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley [Baltimore Sun]
2. The greatest hits from the Ravens-Steelers rivalry [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review]
3. The kicking is game off on the right foot thanks to Billy Cundiff and Sam Koch [Baltimore Sun]
4. Right tackle Mashal Yanda is prepping for another meeting with Woodley [Ravens.com]
5. Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco has proved he can lead a comeback [Baltimore Sun]
6. Old ties bind Ravens QBs coach Jim Zorn and Steelers QB Charlie Batch [CSN Baltimore]
7. Pryce will be chasing Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick on Sunday instead of going to Six Flags [New York Post]
8. Ben Roethlisberger should take heed of Ray Lewis' advice [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
9. Rashard Mendenhall expects a test from the Ravens defense [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review]
10. Looking at Koji Uehara's amazing run [Orioles Insider]
11. Baltimore Blast icon Denison Cabral says he's "moving on" [Baltimore Sun]
12. Juan Dixon hopes to resume his hoops career [Tracking the Terps]
13. Check out Alex Ovechkin's new commercial for CCM [Globe and Mail]
You said it:
"Teaching the Ravens to play the 'Raven Way' under his leadership has made the Ravens the NFL team who led the league in penalties last year. His feud with the NFL & the officials have made a target of the entire team for penalty flags. ... Ray may get the air time & respect for his passion & play, but where was he when Benson ran for over 100 yards in their 2nd game last year Answer, he was hiding. Ray is an embarrassment to Baltimore & we will be far better off after he is gone." -- Greg is not a fan of living legend Ray Lewis
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
What's the biggest key to beating the Steelers on Sunday?
Video of the morning:
The "double rainbow" guy watches Michigan QB Denard Robinson play