Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles beat the Rays on Sunday to take two of three from the playoff contenders. ... Buck Showalter returns to New York on Monday. ... The Ravens cut rookie cornerback Prince Miller and claimed undrafted cornerback Bryan McCann off waivers. ... Sergio Kindle is on his way to Baltimore to undergo tests. ... Maryland and Navy renew an old rivalry on Monday.
1. It's been 15 years since Cal Ripken Jr. broke the record [Baltimore Sun]
2. Luke Scott's last word about using the Good Word [Orioles Insider]
3. Analyzing the Ravens' roster cuts [ESPN]
4. Why did Maryland hire Kevin Anderson to be its next AD? [Tracking the Terps]
5. Looking at Monday's Terps-Mids matchup [Testudo Times]
6. The Ravens have a new reason to crow [Arizona Daily Star]
7. Mike Preston: With Rex Ryan, what you see is what you get [Baltimore Sun]
8. Fans aren't taking flight to Orioles games [WTOP]
9. Ripken on Manny [Orioles Insider]
You said it:
"Can one truly "enjoy" a Coors Light?" -- Big Daddy (not Lipscomb) calls me out on my questionable beer preference
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
How can the NFL spice up the preseason?
Video of the morning:
This goal probably shouldn't have counted, but it was a "heady" play by the scorer