Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ravens running back Ray Rice has a "significant" bruise on his knee and could miss Sunday's game against the Steelers. ... Terrence Cody, Paul Kruger and Brandon McKinney could get an opportunity to play Sunday. ... Brian Matusz pitched seven shutout innings as the Orioles beat the Rays on Monday night, and they did it without manager Buck Showalter, who was suspended for one game.
1. Mike Preston: Losing Ray Rice would threaten the Ravens' passing game [Baltimore Sun]
2. The Steelers, who host the Ravens, are savoring their 3-0 start [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
3. Joe Flacco has redeemed himself in the eyes of fantasy football owners [ESPN]
4. Why Joe Flacco's mechanics matter [Ravens Insider]
5. Depth affected Terrence Cody's playing status against the Browns [Ravens.com]
6. The Ravens should rule out using Ray Rice [Baltimore Sports and Life]
7. What is the most worrisome Ravens statistic? [Baltimore Beatdown]
8. Is Baltimore a football town or a baseball town? [Roar From 34]
9. Maryland's Danny O'Brien was named the ACC rookie of the week [Tracking the Terps]
10. The Capitals could use a more aggressive penalty kill [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
"Barynyard Blaster sounds like a porn." -- Jordan was not a fan of Gregg's nickname for Cleveland's Peyton Hillis, the greatest running back in NFL history
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
What's the worst team name ever?
Video of the morning:
How about a couple of faceplants to start your day?