Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ravens coach John Harbaugh was fined $15,000 for touching an NFL official on Sunday. ... Harbaugh on Monday said "I would never say you never take a quarterback out of the game." ... Ty Wigginton's three-run homer sparked the Orioles to a win over Red Sox. ... Nick Markakis joined elite company with his doubles total. ... The Nuggets could trade Baltimore native Carmelo Anthony.
1. John Eisenberg: Grown-up Flacco has no more excuses [Ravens.com]
2. Video: Two Cleveland writers think the Browns have a good shot Sunday [Cleveland Plain Dealer]
3. Is there a QB controversy in Baltimore? [Yahoo!]
4. It's too early to panic, but not too early to be concerned about the Ravens [Baltimore Sun]
5. Cam Cameron admitted that Ray Rice needs to be more involved [Ravens.com]
6. Ravens DE Cory Redding is "not going to eat that crap -- literally" [Ravens Insider]
7. "Showalter is not just the Manager of the Year, but perhaps the Manager of All Creation" [ESPN]
8. Who is Baltimore's best bunter? [Roar From 34]
9. Semi-substantiated rumor: new Maryland basketball jerseys? [Testudo Times]
10. Maryland left tackle Justin Gilbert is out for the season [Tracking the Terps]
11. Maybe it's time to cut Alex Ovechkin some slack [ESPN]
12. The Ovechkin Project, Gare Joyce and Ted Leonsis [D.C. Sports Bog]
You said it:
"They also forgot to include the cost of all the lap dances at Scores after the game, and the larger-than-normal lunch everyone eats on Monday while trying to kill their hangovers." -- Bernie is skeptical about how the Ravens' "Fan Cost Index" was calculated
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
Which Orioles hitter would you want at the plate with two outs in the bottom of the ninth?
Video of the morning:
This crazy woman gave an amazing rundown of a gas station robbery (and it's already been remixed with an Auto-Tune)
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org, twitter.com/mattvensel and facebook.com/VirtualVensanity.