Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Joe Flacco threw a career-high four interceptions Sunday in the Ravens' 15-10 loss to the Bengals. Flacco has turned the ball over six times in two games. ... Mike Pereira, the NFL's Vice President of Officiating from 2004-09, said that the late flag on Terrell Suggs was not a penalty. ... Ravens draft pick Sergio Kindle will reportedly sign a one-year deal Monday. ... Ty Wigginton gave the Orioles a walk-off win in extra innings Sunday.
1. Mike Preston: The Ravens should have used Ray Rice more against the Bengals [Baltimore Sun]
2. John Eisenberg: More Ray Rice, please [CSN Baltimore]
3. But don't ask Ravens coach John Harbaugh about the team not using Rice [CBS Sports]
4. The Ravens will need Paul Kruger at some point [Baltimore Sports and Life]
5. T.J. Houshmandzadeh was hard on himself after a not-so-ideal return to Cincy [Ravens.com]
6. Five things Kevin Van Valkenburg learned in the Ravens' loss [Ravens Insider]
7. Homers make Luke Scott happy [Orioles Insider]
8. Torrey Smith resuscitates his hype machine [Testudo Times]
9. The Terps are suddenly thin at quarterback [Baltimore Sun]
10. Why did Maryland surrender eight sacks against West Virginia? [Tracking the Terps]
11. Dismiss Alex Ovechkin at your own peril [Pro Hockey Talk]
12. A survey of local media: Evaluating the Capitals' offseason [On Frozen Blog]
13. John Carlson wants the Capitals to rely on him [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
Today's water cooler question:
What do the Ravens need to work on most this week?
Video of the morning:
Here's Ray Lewis' post-game rant about the officials