Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The return date for Ravens OT Oniel Cousins, who is still suffering from post-concussion symptoms, remains unclear. ... Ravens receiver Donte' Stallworth had surgery on his broken foot Monday. ... Orioles top draft pick Manny Machado was in Aberdeen on Monday night to play for the Ironbirds. ... Steelers safety Troy Polamalu's hair has been insured for $1 million.
1. The O's have decisions to make when it comes to Ty Wigginton and six other vets [Baltimore Sun]
2. Offense may now be the Ravens' strength [Sporting News]
3. Mike Preston: The offensive line is the Ravens' biggest question mark [Baltimore Sun]
4. In reaching for a ring, Todd Heap has help this year [USA Today]
5. Peter Schmuck: The Terps' comeback better be a big one [Baltimore Sun]
6. A few Terps questions with Phil Steele [Baltimore Sports and Life]
6. Towson DT Yaky Ibia is finally tapping into his potential [Baltimore Sun]
7. Rutgers transfer Jourdan Brooks is carrying on a family tradition at Morgan [Baltimore Sun]
8. Joe Flacco and the Ravens are soaring after three preseason games [Purple Chaos]
9. With Willie Mitchell off the market, what's the best move for the Capitals? [Japers' Rink]
10. A eulogy for the Bluefield Orioles [Dempsey's Army]
11. Is Cesar Izturis the Orioles' answer at shortstop? [MASN]
12. What's left for Michael Phelps to prove? [ESPN]
13. Ray Rice is a "future indispensable" [ESPN]
You said it:
"I have seen Flacco, Harbaugh, Bisciotti, Boldin, Heap, Rice & Co. lift the Lombardi Trophy in Dallas. It's a pretty clear picture with confetti and "We are the Champions" in the background.
Capricorn through Aquarius smiles on the Ravens in this cycle." -- Nostradamus sees a Super Bowl in the Ravens' future (or he has gotten into the scotch again)
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
How will Roger Clemens be remembered?
Video of the morning:
Elaborate basketball trick shots are so last week