Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Kevin Millwood pitched well, but the Orioles lost to the Mariners on Tuesday night. ... The Orioles' 2010 amateur class was the most expensive in team history. ... Ravens linebacker Tavares Gooden was back with the first-team defense Tuesday. ... World-renowned waffler Brett Favre is in Minnesota.
1. ESPN's AFC North blogger goes camping with the Ravens [ESPN]
2. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger is trying to rehab his image [SI]
3. Ravens QB coach Jim Zorn faces his former team, the Redskins, this weekend [Baltimore Sun]
4. Play like a Jet? [B-more Birds' Nest]
5. Peter Schmuck: Buck Showalter is giving fans a reason for hope [Baltimore Sun]
6. Aubrey Huff is happy to be in San Francisco [Dempsey's Army]
7. Which teams do Orioles fans hate the most? [Camden Chat]
8. It looks like Luke Scott and Ty Wigginton are staying for the rest of 2010 [Orioles Insider]
9. Will Maryland ever get new football uniforms? [Testudo Times]
10. Free-agent defenseman Willie Mitchell visited with the Caps [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
"The closer should be whoever is getting the job done and 'Fredo's always just a pitch away from disaster. I'd give Gonzalez another shot. Showalter should start calling Simon six-pack in honor of Earl's nickname for Don "half-pack" Stanhouse. You could probably down an entire six-pack in the time it takes Simon to close a game." -- Todd opines on Shutdown Sauce
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
Should Buck Showalter remove Alfredo Simon as the Orioles closer?
Video of the morning:
I'm with Busey
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at email@example.com, twitter.com/mattvensel and facebook.com/VirtualVensanity.