Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles beat the Mariners in extra innings Monday on a ballsy two-out bunt. ... The Orioles inked first-round pick Manny Machado moments before the midnight deadline. ... Orioles reliever Jason Berken has a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder. ... Ravens CB Lardarius Webb doesn't want to play in the preseason. ... Ravens offensive lineman David Hale was carted off the field in Westminster. ... The Baltimore Grand Prix will go down Labor Day 2011.
1. Joe Flacco makes a wish come true [Ravens Insider]
2. John Eisenberg: Don't forget about Ray Rice [CSN Baltimore]
3. Undrafted cornerback Prince Miller is trying to prove his doubters wrong [Baltimore Sun]
4. Looking at which AFC North rookies have stood out in the preseason [ESPN]
5. The Ravens have no beef with Le'Ron McClain getting the rock [Fanhouse]
6. It's time for Demetrius Williams to prove himself [Carroll County Times]
7. Two Flaccos in Charm City? [Delmarva Now]
8. Felix Pie passes Brooks Robinson! [Camden Crazies]
9. The Terps plan to use wide receiver Torrey Smith more efficiently [Baltimore Sun]
You said it:
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
Who is your preseason favorite to win the Heisman Trophy?
Video of the morning:
Eli Manning got jacked up Monday night against the Jets. Wow.
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org, twitter.com/mattvensel and facebook.com/VirtualVensanity.