I've got to run into b's daily budget meeting, which is the
bane of my existence highlight of my day, in a few minutes. But before I get the call into the conference room, I wanted to give you my quick thoughts on six news items that popped up on the "Ravens Insider" blog today.
2. Coach John Harbaugh and the Ravens had an "honest and open conversation" about Ed Reed's status: It's about time.
3. Prince Miller should be the team's punt returner Thursday: Unless he goes bonkers as a returner, I don't see Miller making the team. I think Tom Zbikowski will be the team's punt returner when Reed returns.
4. Terrence Cody had knee surgery: This will be a big loss for the Ravens (lackluster pun intended) if Cody misses the Jets game. He would come in handy against the aerially-challenged Jets.
5. Ozzie Newsome is interested in trading to upgrade the team: Who isn't? Whether it comes via the waiver wire or a trade, I'm guessing there will be at least one new face on the roster when Week 1 rolls around.
6. Peter King says the Steelers will win the Super Bowl: This prediction really isn't all that crazy. If the Steelers can survive life without Big Ben, they'll be in good shape. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's not exactly implausible.
Gotta run. The boss has summoned us to the conference room.