Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ravens rookie linebacker Sergio Kindle will miss training camp with a fractured skull. ... Ravens CBs Fabian Washington and Lardarius Webb could start the season on the sidelines. ... Matt Wieters hit two home runs, but the Orioles lost to the Blue Jays. ... Terps coach Ralph Friedgen isn't worried about his job security. ... Tampa Bay's Matt Garza threw a no-hitter.
1. Is pitching prospect Zach Britton on his way to the Orioles? [Orioles Insider]
2. Mike Preston thinks Ed Reed should stop whining [Baltimore Sun]
3. N.F.L. asserts greater risks of head injury [New York Times]
4. Breaking down the Ravens' roster [Press Box]
5. Ty Wigginton's suspension has been reduced to two games [Orioles Insider]
6. Charting the Orioles' RISP struggles [Camden Crazies]
7. Ranking the Orioles 1-25 based on last week's performances [2131 and Beyond]
8. Friedgen says the Maryland-Navy game is 'good for the state' [Terrapins Insider]
9. Greivis Vasquez to miss six weeks after ankle surgery [Testudo Times]
10. D.C. United will hear about possible Baltimore stadium in December [Washington Post]
You said it:
"You would think that someone earning $40 million to be the #1 CB on what was the worst secondary in the NFL would be a little more modest in discussing pay inequities." -- Andrew on Domonique Foxworth's comments on the NFL labor situation
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
Are you more likely to follow the Baltimore Mariners after their AIFA championship victory?
Video of the morning:
Rookies hit the field at Westminster today -- quarterbacks and veterans, too -- so here's a highlight reel of Terrence Cody: