Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Michael Phelps showed local high school kids his abs Wednesday. He swam with them, too. ... Maryland is discussing a home-and-home football series with Texas. ... Breaking news: The 2010 O's don't want to finish with the worst record in franchise history. ... The ESPYs were last night, if anyone still cares. ... We have a Brett Favre update, if anyone still cares.
1. Joe Flacco can't get enough of South Jersey [Courier Post]
2. Would the O's consider bringing back George Sherrill, who was cut by the Dodgers? [Orioles Insider]
3. When's the right time to promote a top prospect such as Josh Bell? [MASN]
4. Mike Florio said the Ravens are one of the teams that could be interested in inking T.O. [Sporting News]
5. A look at Anthony Rendon, who is being hyped as the first pick in 2011 MLB draft [Camden Chat]
6. Former Terp Braxton Dupree could be a star for the Towson Tigers [Baltimore Sun]
7. Hardcore enough to travel down to the Caps' development camp? Keep an eye on these guys [Japers' Rink]
8. Steve Bisciotti didn't make the cut on this list of the NFL's best owners [Ravens Gab]
9. A history lesson on early Orioles All-Stars [Roar From 34]
10. Technically, the O's don't have to interview a minority candidate [Orioles Insider]
You said it:
"Ravens may want to consider using a weight clause [with Terrence Cody] similar to the ones the Bengals used with Andre Smith last year (every game in which he wasn't on the active roster and his weight was above 350, he would be paid half a game check). Maybe Ozzie could hinge the clause on cup-size or number of back folds." - Andrew, in response to my Gregg v. Cody blog post (that included Cody's awe-inspiring NFL Combine photo)
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
What realistic goal would you like the Orioles to accomplish in the second half?
Video of the morning:
Inspired by the ESPYs, here is a top-10 list of awkward sports interviews
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at email@example.com, twitter.com/mattvensel and facebook.com/VirtualVensanity.