The Sun will post its offseason power rankings in four parts this week. These are the teams ranking from No. 25 to No. 32:
25. Detroit: Jim Schwartz added some talent to the defense this offseason, drafting NT Ndamukong Suh and signing Pro Bowl DE Kyle Vanden Bosch. But this team is still some years away from turning the corner.
26. Oakland: Replacing JaMarcus Russell with Jason Campbell is a positive step. But it's a baby step.
27. Cleveland: The Browns' biggest offseason move was hiring Mike Holmgren as team president. He has a proven track record as a head coach, not as an executive.
28. Buffalo: The Bills drafted dynamic running back C.J. Spiller in the first round. But who is new head coach Chan Gailey going to start at quarterback?
29. Carolina: Over-under on the number of games it will take before Jimmy Clausen starts at QB is eight.
30. Seattle: Pete Carroll was a great coach when he had the most talented team on the field each week. Let's put it in these terms: the Seahawks are currently the NFL's version of Washington State.
31. Tampa Bay: Teaming a young quarterback with a young coach worked for the Ravens. It's not going as well for the Buccaneers with Josh Freeman and Raheem Morris.
32. St. Louis: If top overall pick Sam Bradford can get the Rams to four wins this year, it would be a success by this team's standards. Remember the Rams have won a combined three games the past two seasons.
Note: The Sun's offseason rankings are a collective effort of staff writers Jamison Hensley, Ken Murray and Edward Lee. The comments are by Jamison Hensley.