1. Maybe Paul Kruger isn't a bust after all. The Ravens' second-round draft choice, who has played sparingly this season, made perhaps the team's biggest play of the season when he intercepted Dennis Dixon. He showed athleticism on the catch and run to get the ball into field-goal range.
2. The Ravens have a steel resolve. They could have packed it in when Dixon took off on the 24-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter, but they wouldn't go away, like a piece of gum stuck to your tennis shoe. They almost won it in regulation and you had a feeling they'd find a win in overtime.
3. The new kicker looks pretty good. Even on the 56-yarder he missed, Billy Cundiff showed that he's a professional kicker. Although he and Steve Hauschka could square off in a Doogie Howser look alike contest, Cundiff's years in the NFL clearly make him the better kicker at this point.
4. The Ravens can run the ball on anyone. The Steelers came into the game giving up a paltry 63 yards a game on the ground. The Ravens gashed them for 132. It was nice to see the big guy, Le'Ron McClain, toting the rock again.
5. The game in Pittsburgh will be a war. The Steelers almost stole this game using a third-string quarterback. Imagine how good they will be when Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Polamalu are in the lineup and their season is on the line. Circle it on your calendar: Dec. 27.