The Triple-A Norfolk Tides host the Gwinnett Braves at Harbor Park, and the Double-A Bowie Baysox and Akron Aeros will play at Prince George's Stadium tonight.
The Single-A Frederick Keys face the Potomac Nationals on the road, while the Single-A Delmarva Shorebirds and Hickory Crawdads will meet at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium.
The short-season Single-A Aberdeen IronBirds are looking to snap a five-game losing streak against the Oneonta Tigers tonight at Ripken Stadium, and the rookie-level Bluefield Orioles welcome the Pulaski Mariners to Bowen Field.
I'm heading down to Bowie with my father to watch tonight's game against the Aeros from the stands, so feel free to say hello if you see me. The Baysox are billing the post-game fireworks show as the largest of the season because it's expected to be longer than the typical display. The team hits the road tomorrow, so tonight is Bowie's Fourth of July celebration.
The four other teams in the Orioles' minor league system with home games tonight -- Norfolk, Delmarva, Aberdeen and the rookie-level Bluefield Orioles -- each will hold a fireworks display following their respective game because they all play on the road tomorrow.
Gwinnett Braves (6:15 p.m.)
Norfolk: Chris Tillman (5-5, 2.97 ERA)
Gwinnett: Tony Armas (1-1, 4.11 ERA)
* The Tides (43-35) remain two games behind the Durham Bulls (46-34) in the International League South Division, while Gwinnett (44-37) is right on their heels. The Braves trail Durham by 2 1/2 games in the division.Bowie Baysox (AA)
Akron Aeros (6:05 p.m.)
Bowie: Tim Bascom (2-1, 3.75 ERA)
Akron: Josh Tomlin (8-4, 4.12 ERA)
* After splitting a doubleheader last night, the Baysox (44-36) trail Akron (52-27) by 8 1/2 games in the Eastern League Southern Division. Bowie is two games behind the Reading Phillies (45-33) for a playoff berth.
at Potomac Nationals (7:05 p.m.)
Frederick: Sean Gleason (0-2, 4.56 ERA)
Potomac: Jeff Mandel (6-4, 3.70 ERA)
* The Keys (4-3, 35-41) are in first place in the Carolina League Northern Division for the second half. They lead Potomac (4-4, 41-34) by 1/2 game, and the Wilmington Blue Rocks (3-4, 41-35) are one game back. The Lynchburg Hillcats (2-6, 47-30), who won the first half in the division, are in last place, trailing the Keys by 2 1/2 games.
Hickory Crawdads (7:05 p.m.)
Delmarva: Ryan O'Shea (5-3, 3.16 ERA)
Hickory: Joseph Wieland (1-0, 3.46 ERA)
* The Shorebirds (4-4, 40-37) are tied with the Lakewood BlueClaws (4-4, 46-30) for fifth place in the South Atlantic League Northern Division in the second half. The Kannapolis Intimidators (5-2, 42-35) and the West Virginia Power (5-2, 32-45) are tied for the lead in the division, and they are both 1 1/2 games ahead of Delmarva and Lakewood. Hickory (4-3, 37-39) is in fourth place in the division, trailing the leaders by one game.
Oneonta Tigers (7:05 p.m.)
Aberdeen: Ken Moreland (2-0, 0.75 ERA)
Oneonta: Luis Sanz (0-0, 4.15 ERA)
* With five consecutive losses, the IronBirds (4-9) dropped into last place in the New York-Penn League McNamara Division. Aberdeen trails the division-leading Brooklyn Cyclones (11-2) by seven games. Oneonta (7-4) is in first place in the Stedler Division, leading the Lowell Spinners (7-6) by one game.