The Triple-A Norfolk Tides wrap up their series against the Charlotte Knights at Harbor Park, and the Double-A Bowie Baysox face the Akron Aeros on the road.
The Single-A Frederick Keys play the Wilmington Blue Rocks, and the Single-A Delmarva Shorebirds host the Bowling Green Hot Rods at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium.
The short-season Single-A Aberdeen IronBirds take on the Vermont Lake Monsters at Ripken Stadium, and the Rookie-level Bluefield Orioles meet the Johnson City Cardinals at Bowen Field.
Prior to today's game, the IronBirds activated outfielder Steve Bumbry from the disabled list. The Orioles' 12th-round selection in this year's MLB draft hasn't played since June 28 with a hamstring injury. Bumbry is batting .100 (2-for-20) with one home run and three RBIs in eight games for Aberdeen in 2009.
Charlotte Knights (6:15 p.m.)
Norfolk: Andy Mitchell (7-2, 3.90 ERA)
Charlotte: Bartolo Colon (3-6, 4.23 ERA for the Chicago White Sox this season)
* The Tides lead the International League South Division by 1/2 game over the Durham Bulls (53-40). Charlotte (42-51) is in last place in the division, and the Knights trail Norfolk by 11 1/2 games. The Gwinnett Braves (49-45) are in third place in the division, and they are five games behind the Tides.Bowie Baysox (AA)
at Akron Aeros (1:35 p.m.)
Akron: Michael Tejera (0-2, 9.31 ERA)
* After dropping the past two games to Akron, the Baysox remain in a tie for second place with the Reading Phillies (51-41) in the Eastern League Southern Division. The Aeros (58-36) are six games ahead of both teams, and the Erie SeaWolves (51-42) are 1/2 game behind the Baysox and Phillies.
Record: (11-11 in second half, 42-49 overall)
at Wilmington Blue Rocks (1:35 p.m.)
Frederick: Sean Gleason (1-3, 4.04 ERA)
Wilmington: Mario Santiago (4-10, 4.24 ERA)
* The Keys have lost three consecutive games, and they are currently in a tie for second place in the Carolina League Northern Division with Wilmington (11-11). The Potomac Nationals (15-8) are 3 1/2 games ahead of both teams, while the first-half champion Lynchburg Hillcats (7-15) are 7 1/2 games behind the division leaders.
Record: (12-10 in second half, 48-43 overall)
Bowling Green Hot Rods (6:05 p.m.)
Delmarva: Cole McCurry (4-7, 3.49 ERA)
Bowling Green: Matt Moore (6-3, 2.87 ERA)
* The Shorebirds are currently on a six-game winning streak, and they are in third place in the South Atlantic League Northern Division. The Hickory Crawdads (14-8) and Kannapolis Intimidators (14-8) are tied for first place, and Delmarva trails both teams by two games. Bowling Green (13-9) is in third place in the Southern Division, and the Hot Rods are three games behind the first-place Asheville Tourists (16-6).
Vermont Lake Monsters (2:35 p.m.)
Aberdeen: Tyler Sexton (2-2, 3.00 ERA)
Vermont: Mitchell Clegg (1-1, 0.95 ERA)
* The IronBirds remain in last place in the New York-Penn League McNamara Division, trailing the first-place Brooklyn Cyclones (20-9) by 9 1/2 games. Vermont (14-14) is in third place in the Stedler Division, and the Lake Monsters are three games behind the division-leading Oneonta Tigers (16-10).
Johnson City Cardinals (2 p.m.)
Bluefield: Justin Moore (1-1, 2.95 ERA)
Johnson City: Reynier Gonzalez (1-3, 7.20 ERA)
* After three straight victories, the Orioles are in second place in the Appalachian League East Division. Bluefield trails the Danville Braves (17-8) by three games in the division. Johnson City is in second place in the West Division with a 14-11 record, and the Cardinals are five games behind the first-place Elizabethton Twins (19-6).