The Triple-A Norfolk Tides return from the All-Star break with a game against the Charlotte Knights at Harbor Park, while the Double-A Bowie Baysox hit the road to face the Akron Aeros.
The Single-A Frederick Keys host the Kinston Indians at Harry Grove Stadium this afternoon, and the Single-A Delmarva Shorebirds will play the Lexington Legends at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium tonight.
The short-season Single-A Aberdeen IronBirds meet the Lowell Spinners.
Charlotte Knights (7:15 p.m.)
Norfolk: David Pauley (7-6, 3.67 ERA)
Charlotte: Lucas Harrell (1-1, 5.06 ERA)
* The Tides begin the second half in a tie for first place in the International League South Division with the Durham Bulls (51-39). Charlotte (41-48) is in last place in the South Division, trailing the two leaders by 9 1/2 games.Bowie Baysox (AA)
at Akron Aeros (7:05 p.m.)
Bowie: Brian Matusz (4-0, 0.34 ERA)
Akron: Bobby Livingston (1-1, 5.54 ERA with the Aeros this season)
* Livingston is scheduled to make his first start against his former team when the Baysox travel to Akron to start the second half. The 26-year-old left-hander was 6-2 with a 3.62 ERA in 13 games (12 starts) for Bowie earlier this season before requesting his release from the organization.
Record: (11-8 in second half, 42-46 overall)
Kinston Indians (12 p.m.)
Frederick: Zach Britton (5-3, 2.75 ERA)
Kinston: Paulo Espino (1-5, 3.83 ERA)
* With two consecutive victories, the Keys remain in second place in the Carolina League Northern Division. Frederick trails the division-leading Potomac Nationals (13-7, 50-37) by 1 1/2 games. Kinston (8-12, 35-53) is in last place in the Southern Division, and the Indians are 3 1/2 games behind the first-place Salem Red Sox (11-8, 43-45).
Record: (9-10 in second half, 45-43 overall)
Lexington Legends (7:05 p.m.)
Delmarva: Oliver Drake (4-6, 4.03 ERA)
Lexington: Robert Bono (8-5, 2.58 ERA)
* The Shorebirds are currently on a three-game winning streak, and they climbed into fifth place in the South Atlantic League Northern Division. Delmarva trails the first-place Hickory Crawdads (12-7, 45-43) by three games in the division. Lexington (9-10, 45-44) is tied for fifth place in the Southern Division, and the Legends are five games behind the division-leading Asheville Tourist (14-5, 40-48).
at Lowell Spinners (7:05 p.m.)
Aberdeen: Nicholas Haughian (1-2, 2.79 ERA)
Lowell: Yeiper Castillo (2-1, 2.77 ERA)
* The IronBirds remain in last place in the New York-Penn League McNamara Division. Aberdeen is 8 1/2 games behind the first-place Brooklyn Cyclones (18-8). Lowell is tied for second place in the Stedler Division with the Vermont Lake Monsters, and both teams hold a 13-12 record. The Oneonta Tigers (15-8) lead the two teams by three games.