Bravo just announced the cast of the next season of Top Chef, and how about that -- it includes several Marylanders.
One is Jesse Sandlin, the chef at Abacrombie, who Elizabeth Large had already speculated might be in the cast.
There's also brothers Bryan and Michael Voltaggio, both from Frederick. Bryan is the chef and owner of Volt on Market Street in Frederick. Michael lives in L.A. now and is the Chef de Cuisine at Bazaar by Jose Andres.
I'll get some more details as soon as I can, but in the meantime, here's the full cast list for Top Chef: Las Vegas, which premieres on Aug. 26:
* Ash Fulk, 29 – Hometown: Pleasant Hill, Calif.; Resides in New York City
* Ashley Merriman, 32 – Center Sandwich, N.H.; Resides in Seattle, Wash.
* Bryan Voltaggio, 33 – Hometown: Frederick, Md.; Resides in Urbana, Md.
* Eli Kirshtein, 25 – Hometown/Resides in: Atlanta, Ga.
* Eve Aronoff, 40 – Hometown/Resides in: Ann Arbor, Mich.
* Hector Santiago, 41 – Hometown: San Juan, Puerto Rico; Resides in Atlanta, Ga.
* Jennifer Carroll, 33 – Hometown/Resides in: Philadelphia, Pa.
* Jennifer Zavala, 31 – Hometown: Cromwell, Conn.; Resides in Philadelphia, Pa.
* Jesse Sandlin, 30 – Hometown/Resides in: Baltimore, Md.
* Kevin Gillespie, 26 – Hometown/Resides in: Atlanta, Ga.
* Laurine Wickett, 38 – Hometown: Rochester, N.Y.; Resides in San Francisco, Calif.
* Mattin Noblia, 29 – Hometown: Biarritz, France; Resides in San Francisco, Calif.
* Michael Isabella, 34 – Hometown: Little Ferry, N.J.; Resides in Washington, D.C.
* Michael Voltaggio, 30 – Hometown: Frederick, Md.; Resides in Los Angeles, Calif.
* Preeti Mistry, 33 – Hometown/Resides in: San Francisco, Calif.
* Robin Leventhal, 43 – Hometown: Sun Valley, Idaho; Resides in Seattle, Wash.
* Ron Duprat, 40 – Hometown: Mare Rouge, Haiti; Resides in Hollywood, Fla. and Naples, Fla.