The Triple-A Norfolk Tides continue their road trip by starting a series against the Columbus Clippers, while the Double-A Bowie Baysox return home to face the Harrisburg Senators at Prince George's Stadium.
The Single-A Frederick Keys play the Salem Red Sox, and the Single-A Delmarva Shorebirds host the Hickory Crawdads.
Prior to today's games, relief pitcher Fredy Deza was promoted from the Baysox to Norfolk. No other moves were immediately announced.
According to the Keys, David Hernandez was the 100th player in the 21-year history of the franchise to play in the major leagues. Ben McDonald was the first player to earn that distinction. Matt Wieters will become No. 101 in tonight's game against the Detroit Tigers at Camden Yards.
at Columbus Clippers (7:05 p.m.)
Norfolk: David Pauley (3-4, 4.23 ERA)
Toledo: Ken Ray (4-0, 3.00 ERA with Long Island Ducks in independent league)
* Pauley suffered the loss against the Rochester Red Wings in his last start on May 24. The 25-year-old right-hander allowed six runs (four earned) and eight hits in six innings during the Tides' 6-2 loss. Pauley struck out six batters and issued two walks, but he didn't allow any scoring after the first inning.
* The Tides (31-15) continue to lead the International League South Division by 1 1/2 games over the Durham Bulls (30-17). Both teams won last night. Columbus leads the West Division with a 25-23 record, and the Clippers are currently on a three-game winning streak.Bowie Baysox (AA)
Harrisburg Senators (7:05 p.m.)
* It is Bobby Livingston's turn in the rotation for the Baysox, but he was promoted to Norfolk and started last night. Bowie hasn't named a replacement. Harrisburg's game against Erie was postponed on Thursday, so there starting pitcher is also unknown at this point.
* Bowie is 23-21 and in fourth place in the Eastern League Southern Division. The Baysox are 8 1/2 games behind the Akron Aeros in the division, while Harrisburg (12-31) is in last place. The Senators are 19 games behind Akron.
at Salem Red Sox (7:05 p.m.)
Frederick: Nathan Nery (0-1, 3.91 ERA)
Salem: Kyle Weiland (1-5, 7.78 ERA)
* Overall, Nery has allowed 15 runs (10 earned) and 28 hits in 23 innings during four starts since being promoted from Delmarva in the beginning of this month. The 23-year-old left-hander gave up five runs (four earned) and seven hits in five innings against the Kinston Indians in his last start on May 23. Nery walked four batters and collected three strikeouts in the Keys' 10-5 loss.
* After last night's loss, the Keys (23-24) fell back below .500 this season. Frederick is in last place in the Carolina League Northern Division, trailing the first-place Lynchburg Hillcats (30-16) by 7 1/2 games. Salem (22-25) is in second place in the Southern Division. The Red Sox are 1/2 game behind the division-leading Winston-Salem Dash (22-24).
Hickory Crawdads (7:05 p.m.)
Delmarva: Oliver Drake (1-2, 2.82 ERA)
Hickory: Wilmer Font (2-0, 1.99 ERA)
* Drake tossed 5 2/3 scoreless innings against the Kannapolis Intimidators in his last start on May 24. The 22-year-old right-hander struck out four batters and issued one walk in the Shorebirds' 2-1 win. Drake's only victory so far this season was on April 19 against the Lake County Captains. He allowed one earned run and three hits in seven innings.
* The Shorebirds are in second place in the South Atlantic League with a 25-19 record. Delmarva trails the division-leading Lakewood BlueClaws (27-19) by one game, while Hickory (24-23) is in fourth place. The Crawdads are 3 1/2 games behind Lakewood.