It's a beautiful day -- not one cloud within sight here in the press box -- for baseball, but there seems to be plenty of open seats in the stadium. I'm pretty sure Matt Wieters playing in Baltimore might have something to do with that.
Here are some other notes, courtesy of the two teams, as we await the beginning of tonight's game:
• Dave Krynzel is batting .296 in 22 games as the leadoff hitter for the Baysox this season.
• Baysox second baseman Miguel Abreu has at least two hits in four of his past six games.
• The Baysox are fifth in the Eastern League with a 3.62 team ERA this season. They are also fourth in the league with a .268 team batting average.
• Harrisburg is second in the league with 40 home runs, but the Senators rank last in the league with 157 runs scored in 44 games. They have scored two runs or less 18 times so far this season.
• The Senators have lost by two runs or less on 16 different occasions in 2009. Harrisburg has held the lead in 27 of their 44 games this season, but they have only 13 wins.