Baltimore Sun reporter Ken Murray ranks the best defensive ends in the NFL draft:
1. Brian Orakpo, Texas: Projects either as 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB, with great strength and athleticism. He's not as consistent as NFL folks would like for a top-10 pick.
2. Aaron Maybin, Penn State: Pure pass rusher with an explosive first step. May be at his best with his hand in the dirt. Didn't play the run particularly well in college, but he's full-speed all the time.
3. Robert Ayers, Tennessee: Showed up big in the Senior Bowl with three sacks and defensive MVP honors. Offers size and speed at 6-4 and 272 pounds. Only had three sacks last year for the Vols, though.
4. Tyson Jackson, LSU: At 296, Jackson is perfect as a 3-4 DE who can slide inside to tackle in a four-man front to rush the passer.
5. Everette Brown, Florida State: Projects to OLB in 3-4. A speed rusher at 265 pounds, he has 23 sacks in 25 starts.
Ravens' needs: They could use some new blood at end. Trevor Pryce will be 34 when the season starts, and the team cut Marques Douglas.
Up next: Check Ravens Insider Monday morning for Ken Murray's Top 5 quarterbacks and running backs.