I know how it must feel for the Terps to lose to Duke -- again. But they may have done enough in this tournament to secure an NCAA bid.
* Maryland was unable to play as much zone defense as it wanted because of Duke's three-point shooting.
"[Kyle] Singler made a couple in the first half that probably kept us from going zone earlier than we did," coach Gary Williams said. "When we did go to zone [Jon] Scheyer knocked a couple down."
* Greivis Vasquez didn't score in the second half until the 10:51 mark.
* Adrian Bowie was particularly aggressive, taking 11 shots and scoring 10 points.
* Dino Gregory missed a one-handed follow slam midway through the second half that would have been one of the shots of the year.
* Maryland finished 8-8 in the ACC last season and didn't make the tournament. The Terps must hope the conference's strength this season -- plus their two ACC tournament wins -- will put them over the top.