The comments at the end are from Craig Lancaster, who posted the recipe on Facebook.
* 24 Krispy Kreme glazed donuts, cut into cubes.
* One can of condensed (not evaporated) milk.
* Two 8.5-ounce cans of peaches in heavy syrup.
* Dash of salt.
* Three eggs, beaten.
* Two teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. ...
Put the donut cubes into a large bowl, then cover with the remaining ingredients. Let it sit for a few minutes, then stir until the donuts have soaked up most of the liquids. Then pour the whole shebang into a 13x9x2 baking dish and spread evenly. Cook for one hour, or until the center congeals.
With about 15 minutes left in the baking time, you gotta make the butter rum sauce:
* Melt two sticks of butter in a saucepan.
* Slowly add the entire contents of a 1-pound bag of confectioner's sugar, stirring it into the melted butter.
* Add rum and heat as needed to get a sauce-like consistency (there were about four shots of rum in my recipe, which seemed about right -- it needs a little kick).
Remove the bread pudding from the oven and let it cool a bit. Cut into squares, and top each with the butter rum sauce. Put square on plate or in bowl and proceed to shove into piehole with spoon, fork or fingers.
Have defibrillator at the ready.
Here's the link to the original recipe, as posted on the Food Network's Web site. EL
(Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com)