The Norfolk Tides continue their series against the Toledo Mud Hens tonight at 7:15 p.m. at Harbor Park. The Bowie Baysox will look to inch closer to a playoff berth when they face the Reading Phillies at 7:05 p.m. tonight at FirstEnergy Stadium in Reading, Pa.
Frederick will face Lynchburg at 7:00 p.m. and Delmarva begins a five-game series against the Hagerstown Suns tonight at 7:05 p.m. The Aberdeen IronBirds are idle and will return to action tomorrow night with a game at 7:05 p.m. against the Tri-City ValleyCats at Ripken Stadium.
Toledo Mud Hens
Norfolk: Ryan Bukvich (8-2, 3.87 ERA)
Toledo: Dontrelle Willis (2-1, 4.03 ERA)
* Bukvich is seeking his fifth consecutive win in tonight's game. In his last outing, Bukvich allowed no runs and one hit in six innings pitched against the Charlotte Knights.
* Willis makes his fourth start for Toledo this season. The 2003 National League Rookie of the Year is 2-1 and has a 4.03 ERA with the Mud Hens.
Bowie: Chris Tillman (8-4, 3.49 ERA)
Reading: Adam Eaton (0-2, 7.20 ERA)
* Tillman is 1-1 with a 4.76 ERA in four starts against Reading this season. In his past three starts, Tillman has 28 strikeouts in 18 innings pitched.
* The Baysox are 10-4 against the Phillies this season. They currently lead the Akron Aeros by three games in the Eastern League Southern Division. The magic number for a playoff berth is five.
* Eaton is attempting to work his way back to the major leagues after struggling with the Philadelphia Phillies earlier this season. He was 4-8 with a 5.80 ERA before being demoted in July. He hasn't been too successful so far in Reading, but he did pitch well on Aug. 10. In the game against the Erie SeaWolves, Eaton allowed two runs and seven hits in 6 2/3 innings. He didn't factor in the decision, however.
Frederick: Jake Renshaw (9-10, 4.80 ERA)
Lynchburg: Michael Crotta (8-9, 4.91 ERA)
* The Orioles acquired Renshaw in 2007 when they traded starting pitcher Steve Trachsel to the Chicago Cubs. He will be making his 25th start for the Keys this season, which is second on the team behind Brandon Erbe (26).
* Outfielder Brandon Tripp, who had a pinch-hit RBI double in the ninth inning of last night's game, is hitting .233 this season. However, he is second on the team with 14 home runs. Chris Vinyard leads the team with 16.
Delmarva: Sean Gleason (10-1, 2.80 ERA)
Hagerstown: Tom Milone (0-2, 2.57 ERA)
* The Shorebirds have won five consecutive games heading into tonight's game at Municipal Stadium in Hagerstown, where they are 7-1 this season.
* With 14 games remaining, the Shorebirds are in third place in the South Atlantic League Northern Division. They trail the first-place West Virginia Power by six games.
* Gleason is currently ranked sixth in the South Atlantic League in ERA. He is 7-0 since the All-Star break and has beaten Hagerstown twice this season.