The Norfolk Tides return to Harbor Park for their final homestand of the 2008 season. The Bowie Baysox hope to continue their success against the Trenton Thunder. The Delmarva Shorebirds play their final road game of the season tonight. The Aberdeen IronBirds return home to Ripken Stadium to begin a seven-game homestand.
The game between the Frederick Keys and Lynchburg Hillcats has been canceled due to rain. It was the final scheduled meeting between the two teams this season, so the game won't be made up.
In case you missed it, Keys pitcher Jake Arrieta was named the Carolina League Pitcher of the Year earlier today.
Norfolk: Garrett Olson (1-2, 2.76 ERA)
Durham: Ben Hendrickson (10-8, 4.54 ERA)
* Olson allowed five runs (four earned) and nine hits in five innings pitched against the Toledo Mud Hens in his last start on Aug. 22. Tonight will be the left-hander's second start for Norfolk since being demoted by the Orioles.
* Catcher Omir Santos has hit .371 with four RBIs in 11 games against Durham so far in 2008. Outfielder Tike Redman has a .349 batting average with 16 runs scored in 18 games against the Bulls.
* Norfolk has a .271 team batting average so far this season, which ties the team for second in the International League with the Louisville Bats. The Rochester Red Wings lead the league with a .273 average.
* The Tides need to win three of their final four home games in order to finish with a .500 mark at home in 2008. Norfolk is currently 33-35 at Harbor Park.
Bowie: Zach Clark (3-1, 2.70 ERA)
Trenton: Eric Hacker (7-3, 2.65 ERA)
* Clark has pitched at least six innings in six of his eight starts for Bowie this season. He picked up a win against the Reading Phillies in his last start on Aug. 21. Clark allowed one run and five hits in seven innings pitched.
* Outfielder Jonathan Tucker is 8-for-17 with a double, a home run, three RBIs and two runs scored in four games against Trenton so far this season.
* After last night's victory, the Baysox are currently 4-0 against Trenton in 2008. The Thunder are currently in first place in the Northern Division of the Eastern League. Bowie leads the Akron Aeros by five games in the Southern Division.
Delmarva: Nathan Nery (5-3, 4.12 ERA)
Lakewood: Chance Chapman (7-5, 2.94 ERA)
* Nery pitched seven scoreless innings in his last start on Aug. 22 against the Hagerstown Suns. The 23-year-old left-handed starting pitcher had six strikeouts and only allowed two hits to earn his fifth victory of the season.
* Center fielder Matt Angle ranks sixth in the South Atlantic League with 37 stolen bases in 2008. He finished second in the New York-Penn League last season with 34 stolen bases in 66 games for Aberdeen.
* Second baseman Ryan Adams is eighth in the league with a .311 batting average in 114 games this season. Adams only hit .236 in 67 games for the IronBirds in 2007.
Vermont Lake Monsters
Aberdeen: Pat Egan (4-5, 3.70 ERA)
Vermont: Brad Peacock (3-5, 3.32 ERA)
* Egan has picked up a victory in three consecutive starts. The right-handed pitcher has only allowed three runs and struck out 18 hitters in 19 innings pitched during that span.
*The IronBirds have scored first in their past 12 games, but they have only won four of those games. The team has lost six straight games away from Ripken Stadium.
* Garabez Rosa was added to Aberdeen's roster today after hitting .330 with four home runs and 29 RBIs in 49 games for the Gulf Coast Orioles this season. The 18-year-old infielder was fourth in the Gulf Coast League in batting average and third in hits (61).