Injuries continue to be the major topic for the Ravens. Already playing without three Week 1 starting offensive linemen in offensive tackles Jonathan Ogden (hyperextended toe) and Adam Terry (left ankle) and center Mike Flynn (sprained knee), the team lost the services of tight end Todd Heap, who went into the locker room before the end of the first quarter to have his hamstring examined. Heap did reappear on the sidelines in the second quarter, but he did not re-enter the game.
With Daniel Wilcox (sprained toe) out and the Ravens down to one healthy tight end in Quinn Sypniewski, offensive tackle Mike Kracalik -- who was promoted to the active roster from the practice squad on Saturday -- lined up as the second tight end. Other notes:
* After reeling off 26 yards on six rushes in the first quarter, running back Willis McGahee gained just six yards on six carries in the second quarter. The lanes that were open for McGahee in the first quarter were non-existent as the Rams' defense has battered the Ravens' offensive line.
* When cornerback Chris McAlister intercepted Rams quarterback Gus Frerotte's deep pass intended for Drew Bennett, Frerotte had completed more passes to the Ravens (interceptions by defensive tackle Dwan Edwards and McAlister) than his own teammates (1-of-5).
* Linebacker Terrell Suggs appeared to have collected his first sack of the season when he blitzed Frerotte from his blindside early in the second quarter. But the play was waved off because Rams left tackle Alex Barron had jumped before the snap. Suggs would not be denied, however, as he sacked Frerotte just before halftime.
* One promising drive came to an end when left guard Jason Brown committed his second false start, moving early on fourth-and-one on the Rams' 21-yard line. After Matt Stover converted a 43-yard field goal, Brown appeared to have an animated discussion with coach Brian Billick on the sidelines. Brown was also flagged for being an ineligible receiver downfield.
* When defensive tackle Kelly Gregg sacked Frerotte in the first quarter, TV replays showed that Frerotte missed a streaking Torry Holt who had split two Ravens defenders along the right sideline.
* Running back Mike Anderson, who had yet to play this season, was in for three plays, carrying the football once for two yards.