From the Baltimore Sun Op-Ed Page
Brian Griffiths writes that while Governor Martin O'Malley will talk about respecting human dignity, he and other Democrats refuse to respect the dignity of the unborn.
February Poll Now Open
The Red Maryland February poll is now open through February 12th at 9 PM.
The State of our Union
Greg Kline appeared on The Marc Steiner Show discussing the 2014 State of the Union Address. Professor Richard Vatz called the speech and its response "mercifully unmemorable." And Brian Griffiths thinks the entire State of the Union concept is past its expiration date.
House Leadership Stands Up
Greg Kline gives kudos to House Republican leadership who, unlike their Senate collegauges, put up a fight against the emergency Obamacare bill.
On Income Inequality
When the president and governor discuss fixing income inequality, no mention is made that income inequality in Maryland is largely due to Governor O'Malley.
It never takes long for the left to start politiciking after the tragic loss of life in a public mall shooting. Mark Newgent rebuts some of the more dubious claims from the anti-gun crowd.
Audit the Cameras
With so much attention being paid to the audit of speed cameras in Baltimore, it's high time that speed camera audits spread to the rest of Maryland.
Baltimore has many problems that need addressing, but plastic bags should be low on that list of priorities.
Richard Vatz guarantees that Hillary Clinton will not win in 2016.
From the Network
JUST ANNOUNCED: There are now TWO ways that you can subscribe to the Red Maryland Network. You can continue to subscribe through iTunes, but Red Maryland is also now part of Stitcher! Click here to subscribe through Stitcher.
- Red Maryland Radio: Greg and Brian talk about the Hogan/Rutherford kickoff event, The State of the Union, this week's Red Maryland op-ed, and end with a detailed discussion of food.
- The Red Maryland News Hour: RM News Director Duane Keenan reports on the Hogan/Rutheford kickoff event,
- The Broadside: Mark is joined by Brian and Greg in a special episode to discuss the Democrats attempts to improve the business climate, Linda Lamone's troubles, as well as Drunk History, News of the Weird, and a special segment about what you buy through our Amazon link.
- Raging Against the Rhetoric: Jackie previewed the State of the Union, did her "Guber" update, and discussed the Grammys.
- 15 Minutes: Kevin Waterman, Queen Anne's County Republican Central Committee member and candidate for Queen Anne's County Register of Wills.
Communicate with us
--Red Maryland has strived to be the premier blog and radio network of conservative and Republican politics and ideas in the free state since 2007. Its posts appear here regularly.