NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. TO ENTER: Enter by logging on to www.baltimoresun.com/wknd and then clicking ENTER CONTEST. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON AND PER EMAIL ADDRESS. Should any dispute arise concerning the identity of an entrant; the owner of the account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. Entrants must use their own name. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Entries are void if incomplete, not legible, or if they contain errors. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. The use of automated or third party software or web site to register and/or play is prohibited.
2. DEADLINE: Sweepstakes entries will be accepted starting on September 14, 2014 at 12 noon (ET), and all entries must be received by October 10, 2014 at noon (ET). The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter, you must a) is 18 years of age or older and b) be a legal U.S. resident residing in Maryland. Winner must provide proof of age, identity, and residency. Employees and immediate family members of Sponsor,(the "Sweepstakes Entities"), and of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies are not eligible to win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside MD, PA, DE, and DC.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Seven winners will be randomly drawn from among the eligible entries on September 19, September 26, 2014, October 3, 2014, and October 10, 2014. If a selected winner is ineligible, or if Sponsor is unable to make contact with a selected winner within 48 hours of the first attempt to contact winner, or if winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Sponsor are final and binding.
5. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: One winner will be pulled on September 19, 2014 and will receive tickets vouchers for four to The Maryland Renaissance Festival, 1821 Crownsville Rd, Annapolis, MD 21401 (Value: $88 per four pack). One winner will be pulled on September 26, 2014 and receive ticket vouchers for four to The Maryland Renaissance Festival, 1821 Crownsville Rd, Annapolis, MD 21401 (Value: $88 per four pack). One winner will be pulled on October 3, 2014 and will receive a family four pack to the National Aquarium in Baltimore 501 E Pratt St Baltimore, MD 21202 (Value: $113.80 per 4 pack. One winner will be pulled on October 10, 2014 and will receive a family four pack to the National Aquarium in Baltimore 501 E Pratt St Baltimore, MD 21202 (Value: $113.80 per 4 pack). Prizes will be sent by US Post. Any prize returned because of an incorrect mailing address will be forfeited. Prize will be mailed via United States post within 48 hours of winner being chosen. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No prize elements other than those listed in these Official Rules will be awarded. No substitute prizes are available; however, Sponsor may, at its discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value. All additional costs are the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for loss, damage or delay in delivery for any reason. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Sponsor are final and binding. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: a. Use of winner's name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to the Sponsor, and its agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes. b. Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she may be required to sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within the stated timeframe set forth by Sponsor, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. c. Release of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release the Sweepstakes Entities, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their receipt or use of the Sweepstakes prize. d. Governing Law: This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Maryland law, excluding choice of law provisions.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. No responsibility is assumed for: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure; theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, software; failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. All submissions become the property of the Sponsor.
8. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the rules or a list of Winners write to: Judy Irvine, Sales Promotion Manager, Marketing, 3rd Floor, 501 N. Calvert, Baltimore, MD 21278 no later than December 31, 2014. 10. SPONSOR: The Baltimore Sun Company, 501 North Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21278.