5 Tips for Using Custom Packaging for Promotional Kits
By Posted by Brown and Community Contributor
Jun 20, 2019 | 1:53 AM
You've already done the hard part in attracting new customers, but how do you make them loyal to your brand? How do you ensure a repeat purchase? Adding new customers to your existing list of clientele is a top priority but it is important to not forget about the already existing customers - they are the backbone of your business. With quality custom packaging, a business can easily retain customers and increase brand loyalty. Not only that, it helps create awareness beyond ways you could ever think of. Do not hesitate to build a lasting relationship with customers. In fact, it should start from the moment they inquire about your products and/or services. This way, you will capture their mind and attention. This is why it is important for every business to build a customer retention program that works. Attracting new customers can be expensive. It requires heavy investment in proven and tested marketing strategies.
Creating a promotional marketing campaign that will put your brand in the forefront of your customer's mind requires a uniquely designed promotional product. The way your promotional products are packaged will determine to a large extent how customers view your brand. Fortunately, custom packaging can leave a lasting impression on customers. By customizing your products, it will attract more customers to your brand. Here are a few custom packaging features to implement to grow your brand.
1. Who Are Your Target Audience?
Prior to choosing the right marketing strategy, you must first know who your target audience is. You need to learn how to tailor your marketing strategies to meet the specific needs of your target audience. Once you know and understand your audience, then you can create a custom packaging that resonates with their needs.
There are many factors to put into consideration before creating the right custom packaging. These include colors, copywriting and graphics. Put yourself into the shoes of your target audience? Is there something that you'd like to see in a product's packaging?
2. Take a Sustainable Approach
Make your customers feel good about every purchase. How? You need to emphasize your brand's approach to sustainability. Using materials that can be reused or recycled signifies that your brand cares about the environment. In addition, it creates a positive image for your brand.
The packing industry has been pressurized to focus more on creating sustainable packing. Your choice of packaging material will be made easier when you think of its impact on the environment. By taking a more sustainable approach in your packaging, it will encourage customers to continue using your products and/or services.
3. Tell Your Story through Packaging Design Creativity is key in every business. Custom packaging can showcase the value proposition of your brand. Think of creative ways to help recipients' second guess what you have inside the package. This is your opportunity to tell your brand's story in a distinctive and engaging way. Custom packaging should tell your customers why they shouldn't leave without buying your product and the benefits it offers. Telling the story of your product through packaging can be done in diverse ways. With the right combination of shape, design, text and packaging size, you can create the ultimate brand story.
4. Personalized Look As a customer, nothing can be greater than being recognized and appreciated by a brand. When a business reaches out to customers in a unique way, it increases loyalty. They feel obligated to use your product over and over again. Customers get attracted to packaging custom tailored to their specific needs. It makes them feel as if they are holding a personalized product. Personalized packaging goes beyond customer satisfaction, but it is an indication that you have them in mind. It shows that you cherish and love them. There are lots of ways to personalize promotional product packaging such as including a handwritten "Thank You" note or adding a small personalized gift. It is a simple yet big way of showing that your brand cares.
5. Use Distinctive Material and Shape Dare to be different. Do something that will make customers feel uneasy unless they've purchased your product. For instance, if your competitors create packaging in the shape of a bottle, you might opt for an elegant rectangular shape. It is important to note that shape has its own ways of influencing buying decisions. A product with a unique shape and material can signal to consumers that your product is high quality. It also makes your product stand out from your competition.
Bottom Line With just a little internet search for custom packaging or similar queries, you will be bombarded with results showcasing hundreds of companies offering custom packaging services. The best part is that custom packaging doesn't have to cost a fortune, as prices can be tailored to your specific budget.
There are many things you can do with custom packaging. By knowing your target audience and understanding their needs, your brand can increase customer loyalty and awareness through custom packaging. Also, you can add a personal dimension to your general marketing message. It is indeed a great way to tell your brand's story from a unique perspective. Impress your customers by sending your promotional product in a custom package instead of using the traditional box used in the post office. This will leave a lasting impression on your new and existing customers.
Another unique feature of custom packaging is that it comes in many different shapes, styles, and sizes. You have the liberty to choose the design and colors you need. Remember when you are looking to make a good first impression with your products, your choice of packaging matters a lot. Custom packaging has a lot of benefits, so start taking advantage of it today. The possibilities are endless!
This item was posted by a community contributor. To read more about community contributors, click here.