The Are you Engaged? Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") starts at 9:00 AM (ET) on March 15, 2012, and ends at 5:00 PM (ET) on May 4, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is The Baltimore Sun Company, 501 N. Calvert St. Baltimore, MD 21278 ("Sponsor"). The prize is provided by Petit Louis Bistro; 4800 Roland Ave. Baltimore, MD 21210 ("Prize Provider"). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
1) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents who reside within Maryland and who are 21 years old or older as of the Sweepstakes start date. Employees of Sponsor and of Prize Provider and of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND OUTSIDE MARYLAND.
3) How to Enter: Entrants (each an "Entrant") can enter Sweepstakes by uploading a photograph (the "Photograph") with a short caption (the "Caption") that depicts Entrant's photograph of a couple engaged for marriage or of a couple recently married (the "Photograph"). The Photograph must be submitted here, and the Entrant must accurately complete the online entry form. The Entrant must be in the Photograph submitted. Please note that Sponsor intends to post the Photograph and Caption in the Weddings and Engagements photo gallery on the Baltimore Sun website. If you do not wish for your Photograph and Caption to be posted, do not enter. The Photograph must not violate the rights of any person, and Entrant certifies that Entrant has received permission to submit the Photograph from the other person or people depicted in the Photograph. The Caption must be in English. All entries must be submitted and received within the Sweepstakes Period. Altered or electronically enhanced images will not be eligible. Limit one entry per Entrant. Sponsor's clock will be the official clock of the Sweepstakes. Information submitted in conjunction with this Sweepstakes will be owned by Sponsor, and entries will not be returned.
4) Submitted Materials: By submitting an entry, Entrant represents and warrants that the Photograph and Caption submitted: are the original creation of the Entrant or one that Entrant has all rights necessary to submit; have not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; contain no defamatory, threatening, obscene, harassing or otherwise unlawful material; have never been previously published or submitted to any other competition; and do not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary or privacy or publicity right of any person or entity. Entrant further represents and warrants that no laws were broken in the creation of the Photograph or Caption. If an Entrant breaches any of these representations and warranties, or any of the Sweepstakes Rules, he or she is solely responsible for injury caused by the breach. Violation of any of these representations and warranties will be cause for disqualification. Entrants agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys' fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties. Entries are also subject to the Terms of Service on Sponsor's website. Winner grants to Sponsor and Prize Provider an irrevocable, world-wide, fully-paid, perpetual license to use the winning Photograph and Caption in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in any manner related to the Sweepstakes, Sponsor and/or Prize Provider, including but not limited to advertising for Sponsor or Prize Provider, without prior notice, approval or compensation. Winner otherwise retains all rights to the Photograph and Caption, and the Sponsor or Prize Provider's publication of the Photograph will not limit winner's use and ability to further market the Photograph or Caption. Each Entrant agrees that the Sponsor has no obligation to use or continue using such Entrant's Photograph or Caption. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be considered for a prize. The Sponsor makes the final determination as to which entries are eligible to take part in this Sweepstakes and may be considered for a prize. Certain entries may be featured from time to time on the Sweepstakes website during the Sweepstakes, in Sponsor's sole discretion; being selected as a featured Photograph and/or Caption is unrelated to the judging criteria (as described below) and does not guarantee selection as a prize winner in the Sweepstakes.
5) Winner Selection: On or about May 5, 2012, representatives from the Baltimore Sun will randomly select one Entrant from all of the eligible Entrants and award that Entrant the prize. Quality of the Photograph and/or Caption will not factor into the winner selection process. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner by email using the information provided in the entry form by end of business on May 9, 2012. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 48 hours of the first contact attempt, if a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements, if a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that winner will be disqualified and Sponsor may select a new potential winner by the same criteria set forth above.
6) Winner Verification: A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and that all eligibility requirements are met.
7) Grand Prize: One Grand Prize winner will receive one $125 gift certifcate to Petit Louis Bistro, 4800 Roland Ave., Baltimore, MD 21210. Gift certificate subject to terms and conditions thereon. Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, If winner cannot accept the prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner is responsible for applicable federal, state and local taxes, where applicable, in connection with the prize. Winner will be responsible for any and all additional prize-related expenses not mentioned in this Paragraph. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
8) Responsibility Release/Waiver: Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, and, if so, any required documentation must be signed and returned to Sponsor within seven days of the date Sponsor sends it to winner. Failure to return such documentation will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries. By entering, Entrants agree on behalf of themselves to release, waive, and hold harmless Sponsor and Prize Provider and all of their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, and liability arising from injuries, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) incurred as a result of the Entrants' participation in this Sweepstakes and/or their acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or element thereof. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
9) Publicity: By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree on behalf of themselves to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness, and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including but not limited to print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and its licensees and affiliates, without additional compensation.
10) Limitations of Liability/Internet: Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; for entries that are late, misdirected, deleted, incomplete, inaccurate, or garbled or entries that are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason, including computer, telephone, paper transfer, human or other error, or for electronic, computer or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access any website associated with this Sweepstakes, or process any transaction thereon. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. If this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will select prize winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation by applying the judging criteria set forth above. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted on the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof.
11) Winner List: For an Official Winner List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Baltimore Sun, Attn: Marketing Department, Are you Engaged Sweepstakes, 501 N. Calvert St. Baltimore, MD 21278. The winner list will be available after the winner has been verified and the prize has been awarded. Request must be received by June 30, 2012.