Are you already a digital subscriber? All digital subscribers with active accounts as of 4:00 pm on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 are eligible!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Baltimore Sun's Bahamas Trip Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") starts at 5:00 am ET on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 and ends at 4:00 pm ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period"). This Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsors.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Howard County, Harford County, or Carroll County who are 21 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related)) of The Baltimore Sun Company ("Sponsor") and of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email address associated with the winning entry. Void where prohibited and outside area described above. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Maryland law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2) How to Enter: All active digital subscribers of The Baltimore Sun as of 4:00 pm ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 are automatically entered to win. If you are not a digital subscriber, you may enter by filling out an entry form with your name, home address, date of birth, email address and telephone number and putting it in the entry box in the lobby of The Baltimore Sun, at 501 N. Calvert Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202 during the Sweepstakes Period from 9 am to 4 pm. Wednesday, February 22, 22012 through Wednesday, March 14, 2012. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected as a result of technical, internet or other online difficulties or errors. The computer clock of Sponsor's webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person; duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3) Winner and Notification: On or about Thursday, March 15, 2012, Sponsor will select potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and its decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winner by email. A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if: (a) a winner does not claim his or her prize within 24 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4) Prize and Delivery: One Grand Prize: The winner will receive a $1,200 gift card from American Airlines that can be applied to roundtrip airfare for two from BWI Airport (approximate retail value "ARV": $1,200) as well as three nights' hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) including gratuities, taxes and fees as well as breakfast, lunch, dinner and beverages at participating restaurants at the Grand Lucayan Resort in Freeport, Bahamas (ARV: $1,416) Total ARV of Prize: $2,616. Winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner's prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value due to lack of availability for any given reason. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. The winner will be required to pick up the prize at The Baltimore Sun, 501 N. Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 between 9 am and 5 pm ET. Guest of winner must be 21 or older. Travel must be completed by April 15, 2012. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates, gift cards or similar items once they are in the winner's possession. Travel must be roundtrip. Any unclaimed and/or unused prize travel package or element thereof will be forfeited by prize winner and will remain the property of Sponsor. If, because of fluctuations in hotel pricing or other variables, actual value of travel prize is less than stated approximate retail value, difference will not be awarded to prize winner. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by American Airlines and Grand Lucayan Hotel.
5) Other Conditions: Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, and any required documentation must be signed and returned to Sponsor within seven days of the date Sponsor sends it to winner. Failure to return such documentation will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor, American Airlines, Radisson Hotels, the Grand Lucayan Resort and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) resulting from accessing the Sweepstakes website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors' right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. By accepting the prize, winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use winner's name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
6) Fraud/Tampering: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet.
7) Winner List: For the winner's name, write to: Marketing, 3rd Floor, 501 N. Calvert, Baltimore, MD 21202. Requests for winner list must be received by April 1, 2012.
8) Sponsor: The Baltimore Sun Company, 501 North Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21202.