57 stories by Audrey Cimino
- Carroll County is blessed in many ways. One of them is the fact that a few years ago the Carroll County Behavioral Health and Addiction Council headed by Warden George Hardinger presented Judge Michael Galloway with a proposal to bring the Adult Drug Treatment Court Program to Carroll County. The goal of Drug Treatment Court is to reduce drug use and drug-related crime, resulting in lower recidivism to correction, treatment and social service systems.
- The first time I heard the term social capital was a few years ago when a friend cautioned me against using up some of mine on a project he wasn't sure about. I knew what he meant from the context of our conversation but I did what we all did in those technology challenged days, I went to the books.
- The past few weeks have presented multiple opportunities to celebrate, mourn and appreciate life. Why is it that it takes a loss for us to acknowledge how fragile and fast life can be?
- I've been thinking about snow. Really, what choice did I have considering this past weekend? The 30 inches that fell in Westminster took me back to my hometown of Burlington, Vermont, where the average annual snowfall is over 80 inches. (On Mt. Mansfield in Stowe, Vermont, the sking capital of the east, the annual snowfall is 230 inches.)
- With a major, pivotal election bearing down on us, I've been thinking about leadership. We usually know it when we see it and we always notice when it's missing. The crowd of candidates is thinning a bit but we still have many types represented. I thought we could have some fun with defining some the the different styles, generically of course. See if you or your favorite candidate for office shows up on this list.