Billy Jean Louis
9 stories by Billy Jean Louis
- Karida Collins' Neighborhood Fiber Co., a Baltimore-based hand-dyed yarn company, has a famous customer in Kamala Harris and a history that has unrolled over 15 years.
- Nearly 100 students and faculty members from Bryn Mawr School, Roland Park Country School and Gilman School took to the streets Friday morning to protest the treatment of a former teacher.
- 'Dark City' will premiere on Netflix April 15. Issa Rae, creator of the HBO show 'Insecure,' is a producer.
- Maryland’s former chief medical examiner, who concluded that police did not cause the controversial death of unarmed Black teenager Anton Black in 2018, has been listed as a witness for the former Minnesota officer accused of murdering George Floyd.
- John Foster, chief operating officer for Fearless, a $40 million Baltimore-based company, partners with area companies working with marginalized communities and students.
- Some Maryland politicians, providers, and advocates say the child care business has a long list of challenges made worse by the pandemic. Some child care providers are asking more financial assistance to help keep them afloat now and in the future.
- Maryland National Guard Brig. Gen. Janeen Birckhead, who heads the equity task force, is reaching clusters of people who have not been vaccinated.
- As Govans Presbyterian Church's first minister for racial justice and multicultural engagement, Lea Gilmore is trying to help the church's Black and white members feel comfortable having conversations about race.
- Here's how things looking about one month into the $1.1 million Maryland public information outreach campaign to inform, educate, and engage Marylanders about the COVID-19 vaccinations.