9 stories by Kevin Richardson
- This week on Inside the Huddle, we look at the wide receiver position and the terminology used by receivers when running routes. What’s the difference between a two route and a nine route?
- This week on Inside the Huddle, we look at the linebacker position. What’s the role and responsibility of an NFL linebacker? We take a look at the Sam, Will, Mike and Ted linebacker positions in 3-4 and 4-3 defensive schemes.
- Laser Lotus is a mechanical sculpture created by artist Nisha Ramnath and engineer Brian Gonzalez. The Laser Lotus takes inspiration from another reviving natural phenomena the lotus flower. The lotus can come alive again after laying dormant for a thousand years. Like the lotus flower, Laser Lotus becomes a transformational beacon floating on the water¿s surface. The sculpture itself is powered through human interaction, as audiences engage with the touch pads especially created for the installation, they cooperatively change the color of the lotus petals.
- Diamonds Light Baltimore is the creation of artist and architect collaborative Mina Cheon and Gabriel Kroiz. It is comprised of fifteen unique diamond-shaped sculptures made using LED lights to highlight the geometric shape of the objects. Varying in size and shape, each diamond is large enough for audiences to walk around, underneath and through the sculpture.
- For the Light City Baltimore festival, Kelley Bell and Corrie Parks are creating a large-scale projection mapping of aquatic species unique to the Chesapeake Bay, titled "Projected Aquaculture." It examines and comments on the current health of the Chesapeake Bay through a series of projected animations incorporating imagery from the delicate ecosystem such as fish and blue crab.