13 stories by Donovan Conaway
- Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said Tuesday that he'll "shortly" announce the next steps of expanding eligibility for the coronavirus vaccine.
- Baltimore County fire officials said that two fires reported at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center on Sunday morning were small and extinguished by the hospital’s sprinkler system.
- “The side effects of treatment can impact your nutrition and your ability to eat and tolerate your diet,” said Mindy Athas, Carroll Hospital oncology nutritionist.
- Dr. Bertan Ozgun, a radiologist at Advanced Radiology, said only 50% of his patients have had their annual mammograms.“If people don’t get their mammograms and develop breast cancer in this time frame, it is possible the diagnosis will be delayed and treatment will be more complicated."
- Carroll County’s private schools have been offering in-person learning while making adjustments to protect their communities from the spread of COVID-19.
- Coppermine Fieldhouse has announced they are buying the Sportsman's Hall roller skating center in Baltimore County which will be the newest location for the company.
- Tanner Lewey, outreach and evening librarian for McDaniel’s Hoover Library, has been at McDaniel for three years and when she heard there wasn’t a campuswide voting initiative or education, it was something she was passionate about getting started.
- A New Windsor man is charged after he allegedly exposed himself to a woman who had been hired to clean a home where he was helping move furniture out.
- In the early morning hours of Thursday, a 42-year-old Westminster man was killed when a car struck a deer on Md. 97 that flew into the car he was riding in, Maryland State Police announced.
- A Monrovia man faces a felony assault charge after he allegedly knocked an employee of the Mount Airy 7-Eleven unconscious in July.
- The Westminster Police Department joins a select group of 30 other law enforcement agencies and statewide and regional training academies chosen to participate in the ABLE Project’s national rollout.