Each week we tell viewers what they can get for free. This week's free list: 1) 7 pieces of furniture giveaway 2) Free Samples from Los Mariachis
Express Furniture Warehouses are located at: (Bronx: 700 Grand Concourse, 718-742-5555; and Jamaica Queens: 91-30 Van Wyck Expressway, 718-883-0900) and their "Brand new New Jersey location coming soon. Call current stores for details or go to shopefw.com.
Want a chance to win free furniture? We teamed up with "Express Furniture Warehouses" and are making 3 lucky viewers very happy!
There are 7 pieces of furniture that we're giving away, and each winner will receive 2 pieces.
Helmsley Queen Size Set Queen Size Set Of Bedding featuring Super Soft Pocketed Coil Comfort
64032 Klik Klak Black Suede Sofa that converts to a bed!
(2) 759 Recliners Brown Suede 3 way Recliners
7209 5Pc Dinette Black Metal/Laminated Dinette with 5 Chairs. Each piece is individually welded and made in America
1016 Dinette Metal and Glass 5 Piece Dinette
7803 Sectional Black pu/Grey Sectional
Park Ave Queen Set Of Bedding Queen size Set of bedding with Ultra Suede Cover
Winning people will have to come to the location to fill out the delivery forms.
See below for the rules and regulations.
------------------- - - -
LOS MARIACHISMEXICAN RESTAURANT 805 Coney Island Avenue (bet. Cortelyou & Dorchester roads)Brooklyn, NYTel: 718-826-3388For more info, log onto: Losmariachisrestaurant.net
In business for over 20 years, Los Mariachis is a traditional Mexican restaurant in Brooklyn, serving up the most authentic Mexican dishes in all of NYC. Everything about this place is pure Mexicana the delicious food, the lively décor, and the owners who have made it a Midwood Brooklyn landmark and favorite neighborhood haute. Stop in this Wednesday January 25th from 1pm-3pm and get samples of signature dishes - direct from the menu. Sample:
Molcajete this traditional Mexican dish, made from a unique recipe passed down from generation to generation, includes freshly prepared chicken, steak and cactus in a green spicy sauce. Deep Fried tacos - small deep fried tacos in your choice of chicken or beef, prepared with fresh lettuce, sour cream and cheese with choice of sauce. Flan Napolitano - our house made creamy custard dessert with sweet and savory caramel sauce.
Stick around: Wednesday & Thursday Date Nights at Los Mariachis offers a $25 Mexican Tasting for 2 (AT THE BAR ONLY) includes tapas samples of the tostadas, sopes, quesadillas, flautas, guacamole with sour cream and two margaritas served on a Mexican stone dish to share!
--------------------- - - -
WANT TO WIN A FREE I-PAD 2?
In August of 2002, Big Boy weighed in at 511 pounds. With several attempts at weightloss, he was finally able to shed some pounds and keep them off. He recently published a book about his journey: An XL Life: Staying Big At Half The Size.
To promote a healthy lifestyle, Big Boy is encouraging those who have lost weight to upload pictures or videos onto his website.
The person with the most weight loss will win a free I-pad 2, with Big Boy's book uploaded onto it.
Contest submissions should be e-mailed to an XLlife@radiobigboy.com. Contest information can be posted on radiobigboy.com and run from midnight Jan 18 - to midnight Jan 20.
------------------- - - -
WPIX-TVPIX11 Morning News Free Friday Featuring Surplus Freight Sweepstakes January 20, 2012Official Rules
1. TO ENTER: You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident NY, NJ or CT at the time of entry. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, watch PIX11 Morning News on PIX11 on Friday, January 20, 2012 from 4am to 9am ET (the "Sweepstakes Period") for the display and announcement of the Sweepstakes keyword. When you see/hear the Sweepstakes keyword, enter via text or on-line as described below. Entries must be received between 4am and 9am ET on January 20, 2012, and must include the correct Sweepstakes keyword.
a. Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to 77944 with that day's keyword in the body of the message. Entrants must text the correct keyword as displayed in that day's PIX11 Morning News broadcast, on the corresponding Sweepstakes day. All text entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. Text-Message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant's cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. If any dispute arises as to identity of any text-entrant, the entrant shall be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider's records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider's records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the day's correct keyword shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor's opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
b. Enter On-Line: Log onto PIX11.com and follow the Sweepstakes link(s) until reaching the entry page. Complete the entire entry form, including the correct Sweepstakes keyword, your name, age, valid email address, telephone or mobile phone number. On-line entries containing attachments, generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. On-line entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If any dispute arises as to identity of any online-entrant, the entrant shall be considered the individual to whom the entry's email address is assigned, as shown on the email service provider's records. Only entries to the designated website and containing the correct Sweepstakes keyword shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which in Sponsor's opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
c. Restrictions: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. One entry per person per entry method (for a maximum of two entries per person); subsequent entries originating from a unique 10-digit cell phone (in the case of Text-Message entries) or from a single e-mail address (in the case of On-Line Entries) will be disqualified. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to transmit messages or entries.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about January 20, 2012, one (1) winner will be selected at random from among all eligible text and online entries received, subject to verification and compliance with these rules. The winner will be notified by telephone. Failure to respond within 24-hours of notification will result in disqualification and possible selection of an alternate winner from remaining eligible entries (at Sponsor's sole discretion). Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
3. PRIZES & PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: One (1) winner will receive a furniture package including the following elements: ABC Helmsley Queen Size Set, World Imports 64032 Klik Klak, Two (2) Ashley 759 Recliners, Cramco 7209 5-Pc Dinette Set, Coaster 1016 Dinette, NCU 7803 Sectional, Ortho Rest Park Ave Queen Set of Bedding, Harden TBD, Glory, TBD, and UFI TBD. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited, and no alternate winners will be selected. Only one prize will be awarded per person and per household. Winners assume all applicable tax liability for their prize.
4. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 16 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. The parents or legal guardians of entrants under 18 years of age may be asked for permission to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsors and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, telephone number and social security number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued drivers license or identification card).
5. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or its employees. Immediate family members, employees or immediate family members of any of Sponsor's affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies, or sponsors are also ineligible.
6. SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by WPIX TV, 220 East 42 Street, New York, NY 10017. Void where prohibited or restricted. A copy of the official rules is available upon request by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SWEEPSTAKES RULES, PIX11 Morning News Free Friday Featuring Surplus Freight Sweepstakes, WPIX-TV, 220 E.42nd Street, New York, NY 10017, or by visiting the WPIX TV website at www.pix11.com.Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun