November 13-The Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago is hosting an educational event for people with epilepsy, their families and caregivers, titled "Fighting Epilepsy in the 21st Century: New Challenges and New Hope." The regional conference will feature panel discussions and breakout sessions that include the following topics:
* The New Standard of Epilepsy Care in the 21st Century
* Alternative Therapies for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
* Women and Epilepsy
* Understanding SUDEP: Sudden Unexplained Death in Epilepsy
* New Technologies in Epilepsy
* Dual Diagnosis in Children and Adults
This event will take place at Holiday Inn Mart Plaza, 305 West Mart Center Drive, Chicago from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To learn more about the conference, please contact Morgan Murphy of the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago at 312-939-8622, x205 or visit www.epilepsychicago.org.
November is recognized as National Epilepsy Awareness Month.
Admission: FreeCopyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun