By Jackie Gilovoy
March 17, 2011
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort opened a water park March 17 that floats 60 feet off the shoreline in the Gulf of Mexico.
The St. Pete Beach resort created Splash Island Water Park, a 15,750-square-foot inflatable "floating playground" for its guests and the public.
Some of the features include:
• Summit Express. A slide, climbing side and bounce cave
• Free Fall. Slightly smaller than the Summit, with large enclosed splash zone
• Super Tramp and the Rebound. Two large trampolines
• Jungle Joey. Mini-slide, climbing apex and ladder log
• Rock It. Inflatable island that rocks and rolls on the water
• Revolution. Slide mode: three climbing routs. Rocker mode: giant see-saw for up to 10 people
• Loungers, splashmats and rafts. Parents can relax and watch their children play; found throughout the park
For guests and non-guests, the price is the same: $16 for one hour and $21.50 for two hours. A variety of pricing options are available.
The park is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., weather permitting. Lifeguards are on duty at all times; everyone is required to wear life jackets. Children shorter than 46 inches must be accompanied by someone at least 16 years old.
No public parking is available at the resort.
Each night, the water equipment will be anchored and dismantled.
For more information, call 727-367-6461 or visit www.justletgo.com/Waterpark.aspx.
Copyright © 2013, Orlando Sentinel