What makes a beach for seniors: Relaxing, fairly quiet spots that draw - but aren't limited to - seniors. Often in areas of large retirement communities.
1. North Shore State Recreation Area/North Shore Beach: Active seniors playing ball-toss games on the beach. In the less extravagant part of North Miami.
2. Playalinda Beach: Few amenities, but seniors come for the quiet and the surf fishing. North of Cape Canaveral.
3. Naples Beach/Lowdermilk Park: The former is larger and louder than the latter, but both have many seniors. In Naples on southwest coast.
4. Retired seniors mix well with the young, fashionable crowd. Both feel at home on the big beach. Part of Miami Beach.
5. Treasure Island Beach: Very wide beach. Plenty of room for retirees, families. Has all the essential amenities. North of St. Petersburg.
5 best beaches for seniors
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.