"It's not rocket science," says oldest sister Margo. "It's not even fourth-grade science."
- Video: New rides and shows at Universal Orlando
- Pictures: Despicable Me Minion Mayhem grand opening
- Pictures: New attractions at Universal Studios Orlando
- Pictures: Universal's SuperStar parade debut
- Pictures: Universal's Cinematic Spectacular lagoon show
- Pictures: Universal Studios now and through the years
See more photos »
- Universal videos
- Universal Harry Potter Diagon Alley Videos
Universal Studios Orlando, 6000 Back to the Future Pl, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
Once the 3-D film starts, the ride includes a series of ups and downs, bumps and surprises. There are bunches of minions in action: on treadmills, dodging king-size fly swatters, forming impressive pyramids and vying for bananas.
The ride includes a little bit of motion alongside its motion simulation. It's not extreme, probably not even as jarring as its sister attraction, the Simpsons Ride. But there is the option of stationary seating for folks who fear queasiness.
The ride exits into a party atmosphere, where folks can dance with costumed-character minions to "Boogie Fever."
"It [the film] ends in a celebration, and we wanted to continue the spirit of that celebration in the post show," Woodbury says.
As the disco ball spins above, watch for one more bit of evidence for the creators' eye for detail: The reflections off the disco ball look like little minion eyes swirling into the gift shop.
email@example.com or 407-420-5477
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
What: New motion-simulator ride based on characters from the 2010 film "Despicable Me."
Where: Universal Studios, intersection of Interstate 4 and Kirkman Road, southwest of Orlando
When: From 9 am. daily
Cost: $89 general, $83 ages 3-9