SeaWorld Orlando has released a preview of its under-construction attraction, Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin.
Details remain sketchy about the ride, although creative director Brian Morrow says that it's a "state of the art, one of a kind experience for a family adventure like no other." The video includes glimpses of the ride vehicles, that match images seen on the construction walls at the theme park.
The experience will include encounters with live penguins, the video says.
"Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin will get you closer than ever to one of the most amazing animals in the world, and you'll be able to walk among the massive colony," says Mike Boos, SeaWorld vice president of zoological operations. There will be underwater viewings of the animals as well.
Antarctica has been billed as the coldest theme park attraction in the world. It's scheduled to open next spring.
SeaWorld video shows Antarctica scenes
- Pictures: SeaWorld Orlando Antarctica expansion
- Complete SeaWorld Orlando coverage
- Get text alerts on your phone!
- UPDATED: Exclusive first-look at SeaWorld Orlando's Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin
- Pictures: SeaWorld Orlando through the years
- Pictures: Trainers at SeaWorld Orlando
See more photos »
SEAGarden at SeaWorld Orlando, Central Florida Pkwy, FL 32821, USA
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.