The latest parade at Walt Disney World is beginning to take shape.
Disney released this week photos of a new Maleficent-themed float for its Festival of Fantasy Parade at Fantasyland inside Magic Kingdom.
The float is a Steampunk-inspired Dragon, which stretches 35 feet in length and 26 feet tall. It was designed in a partnership with Tony Award-winner Michael Curry, who has collaborated with the "Tapestry of Nations" parade at Epcot and "Finding Nemo - The Musical" at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Pictures: Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Pictures: What to look forward to at Disney World in 2014
- What to look forward to at Disney World in 2014
- Pictures: The voices of Disney
- Pictures: Mickey Mouse through the years
- Pictures: Star sightings: Which celebrities were spotted at Disney?
See more photos »
The dragon will give Maleficent a presence in the Festival of Fantasy Parade, which will debut at Fantasyland this spring.
"Maleficent" is one of the most anticipated films coming this summer. The film is the untold story of one of Disney's most iconic villains, Maleficent, the antagonist in the 1959 classic "Sleeping Beauty." Maleficent will be played by Angelina Jolie.
The Festival of Fantasy Parade replaces the "Celebrate a Dream Come True" parade at Magic Kingdom, which ended its daily run on Dec. 20. The "Move it, Shake It, Celebrate It" and "Main Street Electrical Parade" will continue throughout the transition.