In an effort to bring travelers more affordable and nutritional options, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport has recently added two new eateries featuring fresh, all-natural ingredients as part of an airport-wide concessions update.
- BWI sets passenger record for 2012; overseas travel increases
- BWI food, retail workers protest wages, benefits
- BWI ranks among Top 10 most tech-friendly airports
- BWI Airport through the years [Pictures]
- Items seized at BWI Marshall Airport [Pictures]
- Pictures: BWI International Terminal
See more photos »
Chipotle, which is located in Concourse A/B, offers made-to-order Mexican staples such as burritos, tacos and salads. Most ingredients are organic and natural, and all meat comes from animals raised without antibiotics or added hormones. For those individuals who have special dietary concerns, Chipotle also provides a nutrition calculator and food allergy guide on its website.
Last year's Airport Food Review ranked BWI near the bottom of busy airports that offer travelers healthful food options. BWI has since worked with its concessionaire AirMall USA to bring more health-conscious options for travelers. BGR and Chipotle join other recent additions to BWI's concessions such as Gachi House of Sushi, Pinkberry frozen yogurt and Boar's Head Cafe.
Long-standing food options include Obrycki's Restaurant & Bar, DuClaw Brewing Company, Silver Diner and Phillip's Seafood.