Let the record reflect that if you were in charge of things, the world (or at least the world of TV) would be a much more entertaining place.
Thanks to everyone who sent in their suggestions for the 2006 Amy Awards. I had a blast reading your ideas. After pouring through hundreds of your postings, I've come up with your 12 most wanted Amy Award categories. And, of course, when possible, I used your very clever category titles.
Here are the guiding principles for the 12 categories. Out of your most popular categories, I picked 12 unique categories that could produce five varied nominations. (So categories like Best "Prison Break" Moment were ruled out. As were rants against McDreamy and "American Idol"). I also collapsed some that were very similar into one category (so most underrated actor and cast are now in one category). In some instances I brought back titles from last year's award (everyone wanted worst plot twist and I loved last year's name for that award). By popular demand I brought back a favorite award from last season --"Why Does TV Gal Still Talk About This Show?" I can't wait to see which shows make into this category this year. I sense that I'm going to be in trouble.
Now remember in the Amy Awards you pick the categories, the nominations and the winners.
The 12 categories are:
1. Floor, Please Give Me My Jaw Back (a.k.a. Most Shocking Moment)
2. Best Scene Stealer
3. Let's Lemon Law This (a.k.a. Worst Show)
4. They May Take Our Shows But They'll Never Take Our Love for Them (a.k.a. Show that Ended/Was Canceled Way Too Soon)
5. You Can Say That Again (a.k.a. Best Quote)
6. The Awards Shows Don't Love You But We Do (a.k.a. Most Underrated Cast or Actor)
7. They Made Us Wait for This? (a.k.a. Worst Season/Series Finale)
8. Til Death Do Us Part (a.k.a. Best Death)
9. Beating a Dead Horse (a.k.a. Why Does TV Gal Still Talk About This Show?)
10. I Wouldn't Buy That If It Was on Sale (a.k.a. Worst Story line or Plot Twist)
11. Resurrect Me (a.k.a. Character/Actor You Would Most Like to See Brought Back on Another Show Next Season)
12. It's Like a Freaking Car Wreck (a.k.a. Best Guilty Pleasure)
Tune in next week for the announcement of the 2006 Amy Award nominees.
An Early Look at the Fall's New Shows
TV Gal Opens Up the Nominations
TV Gal logo
« Previous Story More Topic pages Next Story »
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.