LAKEVIEW - Officials say the 3 year old died Thursday at Spectrum Health United Hospital in Greenville, and the death has led to the sanitation of of Lakeview Elementary School.
The boy is Jacob Lawrence Chorak of Lakeview.
The Mid-Michigan District Health Department in Stanton is helping with the tests, and officials say they've ruled out meningitis at this point.
School officials say they're waiting on the officials test results, but have thoroughly cleaned and disinfected equipment, toys, classrooms, and buses with bleach as a precaution.
Counselors and social workers will be available at the school to help students and staff deal with the tragic event.
We'll continue to follow this story, and bring you any updates once they become available.
3 Year Old Dies, School Sanitized
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.