Tasteful Time Savers for New Years Eve Entertaining
3 Quick and easy Apps (that will eliminate stress and are ready in less than 10 minutes, but will have your guests thinking you have been in the kitchen all day)
- Antipasti Tray – Assortment of local cheeses and meats – Smoking Goose – Smoked Duck Breast served with Local Folks Stoneground Mustard. Smoking Goose Delaware Fireball Salami. Blue Cheese stuffed olives, Denmark’s Finest Havarti, Amber Valley Cheshire, Fair Oaks Mild Cheddar
- Capriole Goat Cheese (local) with Bourbon Barrel Smoked Paprika Cheese Ball
- Form goat cheese into a ball with hands and roll in paprika
- Chill before serving and garnish plate with fresh basil
- Serve with warm bread or crispy crackers
- Stonewall Kitchen Apple Jalapeno Jelly over Cream Cheese
- Directions (So easy and so delicious)
- Allow cream cheese to soften and pour half a jar of SK Apple Jalapeno jelly over cream cheese
- Serve with crackers
- Optional – SALT Sisters Tuscan Farmhouse Herb Blend with Olive Oil and fresh bread
Tasteful Times Family Spanakopita
- Phyllo dough (2 sleeves)
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 2 - 10oz packets frozen chopped spinach (squeeze dry)
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 1 Teaspoon parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of freshly chopped Dill
- Salt and black pepper (to taste
- Beat eggs, combine with spinach feta, parsley, dill and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in separate bowl
- Place two sheets of phyllo dough on pastry board brush with melted butter (keep remaining dough covered with damp cloth or wax paper)
- Cut the dough into four strips running the length of the phyllo dough. Place small spoonful of prepared mixture at the edge of each of the 4 strips.
- Fold into triangle and continue to fold like a flag until the end of the strip. Should make a perfect triangle.
- Place on baking sheet and brush lightly with the melted butter
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes serve warm.
*Note: Freezes well and can be cooked from frozen