4 c. corn 2 med sweet potatoes, peeled and diced 1 c. diced onion 2 chipotle peppers in adobo spices, finely chopped 4 c. vegetable or chicken stock 1 c. cream 1 tbs. oregano 4 tbs. olive or vegetable oil Tortilla Strips (optional for garnish) Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Toss diced sweet potatoes in 2 tbs. oil & roast on a sheet pan @ 425 until edges are charred
3. Sautee onion & celery in large pot with 2 tsp. oil until soft
4. Add chipotle & oregano and simmer for 5 minutes
5. Add roasted corn & roasted sweet potatoes (holding ½ cup of each aside for garnish)
6. Add stock
7. Divide soup into half, leaving one half in the pot.
8. Puree the other half then recombine
9. Add cream
10. Garnish with roasted corn, sweet potatoes and tortilla strips.