A House committee took testimony on a bill that would ban smoking in most public places.
- Local bar owners, patrons file lawsuit against city for smoking ban ordinance
- Anti-smoking advocates celebrate in Indianapolis as bars go smoke-free
- Bars celebrate with smoking clientele hours before ordinance takes effect
- Council Vote on Smoking Ban
- ICVA supports Smoke Free Indy
- Smoking ban hits road block
- Senate debates statewide smoking ban
- Video: Statewide smoking ban bill
- Super Bowl
“Many of our guests will be dismayed that we still allow smoking in bars and some restaurants,” said Democratic Rep. Charlie Brown.
Under the bill, casino gaming floors, cigar bars, hookah bars and social clubs could be exempt from the ban.