The popular country group performed at Louisville’s KFC Yum! Center for juniors and seniors of Henryville High School after the school was chosen as the winner of Lady Antebellum’s prom contest.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Henryville students set to return to class in wake of devastating tornado
- Henryville still slowly rebuilding two months after tornado
- Child victims of Henryville tornado receive toy donations
- Tornadoes devastate Marysville, Ind.
- Photos: Family killed by tornado
- After the Storm: March 2, 2012
See more photos »
- video: Storm Chasers
- Lady Antebellum (music group)
See more topics »
Band members said they were moved by the school’s video submission, as well as several other schools’ videos that requested Lady Antebellum perform for Henryville students.
Wednesday night, Lady Antebellum performed a private acoustic performance for the juniors and seniors, before the arena was open to the public.
Attendees’ donations totaled to more than $285,000, and all the proceeds were distributed through the New Hope/Indiana Bankers Association for the Disaster Relief Fund.
Those who did not attend the benefit concert but would still like to donate can do so by clicking here.