- 4 Apples, peeled, cored and cut in 1/2
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 cup Apple cider
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup. B&B
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Vanilla bean
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- In a baking pan, combine honey, cider, sugar, B&B, vinegar, vanilla bean and cinnamon stick. Stir together and place apples on top. Bake in a 350 oven for 10 minutes. Turn apples over and bake 10 more minutes, Keep repeating process until apples are tender.
- Brush a layer of phyllo dough with melted butter. Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Place another sheet on top and press down well. Brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar and repeat once more. Cut into 8 square pieces and press each piece into the cavities of a large, buttered cupcake pan. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drizzle plate with jus from the roasted apple pan and place phyllo cup on top. Add apple and a scoop of berry swirl ice cream.